"Sleep is a virtue, We must honor and respect the virtues of a good night’s sleep. Our immune, nervous and muscular systems rejuvenate while we sleep."
A good night's sleep is essential to perfect skin, we all agree. Now what many forget is that what we need is quality, true rest – ideally for many hours! It will do wonders for your health.
While we sleep, our bodies produce growth hormones, these are important for cell renewal, our immune and nervous system, and they help repair tissue - including skin.
Cells have a life cycle, they are created and they die, and with repeated unsatisfying nights of sleep, cells fail to rejuvenate. Therefore, people who sleep poorly age more quickly, in addition to developing other health problems.
We know that the stress of your day makes it impossible to dedicate time to quality sleep, especially for eight hours straight. But we have good news! Even just 6 hours of deep, uninterrupted sleep can also have repairing effects.
Sleeping well does not mean sleeping many hours on the weekend, or that you like to sleep. Sleep is a daily exercise, we need to create a routine. Many envy those who can sleep a lot!
Do you know what the most beneficial schedule is for your body? Sleeping from 10 pm to 6 am. We must remember that our body is governed by the sun.
We sleep better during the nighttime, that’s when our bodies release melatonin, a hormone produced by the pineal gland that induces deep sleep, this hormone decreases as we approach 30 years.
Tricks for better sleep:
1. Try to go to bed every night at the same time, it is essential to create a routine.
2. Lights should be off, avoid running the washing machine or strange background noises, silence is important.
3. The temperature in your room has to be comfortable, not too cold or too hot.
4. Do not bring your laptop, iPad or mobile to bed. They will keep you awake with their light and sounds.
5. Try these tricks for one month, you will see the difference.